Position Title: Secretariat Coordinator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Work Station: Biovision Africa Trust
Reporting to: Executive Director
The Coordinator shall support the BvAT Executive Director in providing administrative and executive functions for the Continental Steering Committee (CSC) and its special committee in providing oversight to EOA implementation in Africa, reporting on progress of projects, donor engagement and fundraising, documentation and shall report thereon to the CSC. He/she shall be required to coordinate his/her activities with those of the CSC and its special committee.
Education and Knowledge:
- At least a Master degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or a related course from an accredited institution.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Communications, Public relations, International relations, political science, development or other relevant field.
- Competence in project planning and management
- Minimum five years of progressive international experience working with International NGOs and/or Donor agencies preferably with secretariat experience.
- Proven experience in fundraising
- Experience in implementing monitoring and reporting of sustainable development programmes/projects
- Demonstrated coordination experience in multi-agency forums.
- Documented skills in developing proposals, budgets and reports.
- Proven track record in preparing and presenting winning proposals to secure long term funding from local and international sources
- Significant experience in the development of advocacy, policy and key messaging documents (Newsletters and Bulletins).
- Previous work experience in Africa is preferred